REGENT HONG KONG
The privacy and security of your information are very important to us. We will properly manage and protect the information about you we collect when you use our website, applications and/or services operated via https://hongkong.regenthotels.com/ (hereinafter identified as the “Site“) to plan and book accommodations at our Hotel (the “Services“).
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
To ensure you feel confident about using our Services, we treat the security of your information seriously and are committed to protecting the information we collect. While the collection, transmission, and storage of information can never be guaranteed to be completely secure; we take steps to ensure that appropriate, technical, physical, and organisational security measures are put in place to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, damage, or loss of your information.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ABOUT YOU? HOW DO WE USE IT?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we collect from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or are not agreeable to. This section provides details of the types of information we collect, and how we use it. “Personal information” refers to data we collect that specifically identifies you or relate to you.
In providing our Services, we collect, store and use the following information relating to you:
- Personal contact information: such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, birthday, anniversary.
- Transaction information: such as information generated through your use of the Services, including details of your purchases and other transaction information.
- Device information: such as your device manufacturer and type;
- Location Data: information we collect regarding your location (when you use a location-enabled service).
We may also collect non-personal or aggregated data which does not identify you. For example, we may collect general information regarding visitors and users of the Site such as traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other websites or to third-party websites linked to the website, use of particular Services and interest in Services, information or features of the Site or other parties made available through or found at the Site. If we share aggregated data relating to you with third parties, we will ensure that this is done on an anonymized basis and that the data shared do not reveal personal information about you or any individual Site users in a way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
We may collect information from you when you use any of our Services, whether you provide it via our Site, mobile applications, over the phone, at our hotel or restaurant, or otherwise, including when you:
- Make an enquiry
- Plan and book a hotel room
- Register as a Hotel guest
- Make a restaurant reservation
- Purchase on our e-Shop
- Request to receive our hotel newsletters and hotel marketing communications
- Enter into one of our competitions or sweepstakes
- Submit a comment card
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use information collected from you for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services to you;
- for customer service, support, security, fraud-detection, archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of our Services;
- with your consent, for sending you direct marketing offers or advertising our products and Services and/or the products and services of selected third parties (please see the “Direct Marketing” section below for more details);
- to better understand how you access and use our Services, to try to improve our Services;
- to respond to disclosure obligations as required by or under any law or regulation applicable to us or any of our affiliates (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere) or at the request or direction of any regulator, law enforcement agency, or other officials (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere);
- for running and administering competitions, sweepstakes, or other features;
- to protect our personnel, property and assets;
- to exercise our rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent, investigate and respond to security incidents and unlawful activity;
- for marketing purposes;
- to study, improve and promote use of the Site; and
- to fulfil any other purposes directly related to the above.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your information within our group of companies and to third-party service providers, contractors, agents, financial institutions, law enforcement agencies and regulators (the “Permitted Transferees“) for any of the purposes set out in the “How we use your information” section. In addition, these Permitted Transferees may be located and use and store your information outside of your jurisdiction for these purposes.
To enable features at the Site, the Hotel may assign one or more “cookies” to your Internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation through our Site, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site, and may provide you with customised content.
LOCATION INFORMATION AND SERVICES
We may receive information about your location during the course of providing you the Services through your use of the Site and our mobile applications. For example, if you are using our mobile applications and have consented to share your location information with us, this information might be collected through GPS or Bluetooth technologies to provide certain services to you, such as customised offers and promotions. In addition to your use of the Site and our mobile applications, we may also receive location information from wireless networks or cellular towers in proximity to your mobile device, through your internet protocol (“IP”) address, or through your use of other services we provide at our hotels, such as wireless internet services. We may also have access to location information that you provide to us through your use of social media, such as when you “tweet” your location. Your location preferences can be set or modified at the device level or by changing your settings with the relevant social media platform.
We may use various social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button on and the Site and our mobile applications. Certain information may be shared or otherwise provided to us through your use of these features in conjunction with our Services and programmes. Subject to your account and privacy settings, we may also see and collect information that you post when using these social media platforms whether or not you are using one of our Services. In some instances, depending on the circumstances, we may contact you on these social media platforms. The information you post on social media sites and the controls surrounding these disclosures are governed by the respective policies of these third parties.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY & PARENTAL CONSENT
The Site is not intended for children, and we do not intentionally solicit or collect Personal Data from individuals under 18. If we are notified or otherwise discover that a minor’s Personal Data has been improperly collected, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to delete that information. In addition, we may have campaigns or programs targeted towards children in limited instances. In these instances, details of our practice in terms of collection, use and processing of the information will be stipulated within the terms and conditions of the program or campaign.
If you are under the age of 18 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our Site), you may only use our Site with the consent and involvement of your parent or legal guardian.
LINKS PROVIDED TO OTHER SITES
The Site and our applications may contain links to websites maintained and/or controlled by third parties that we believe might offer you useful information and services. These websites may be co-branded and display our logos or other trademarks in some instances. You can always tell whether you are on one of our websites by checking the uniform record locator (“URL”) on the page you are visiting. The privacy policies and practices of these third-party websites may differ from ours. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any website owners whose sites may be reachable through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those websites. As such, we urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites to access their online privacy policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES
We want to ensure that you have the necessary tools at your disposal to control the information that you provide to us and how we communicate with you. It is also crucial that you contact us to update your information if it is inaccurate or has changed.
Through the provision of Services, we and, in some instances, our third-party partners and service providers may communicate with you concerning a reservation or to support any other services that we provide.
Please be aware that unsubscribing from one type of communication may not unsubscribe you from another one. Likewise, unsubscribing from our communications may not unsubscribe you from other communications sent independently from IHG or our third-party service providers.
If you have elected to receive direct marketing communications from us, your personal information may be used by us to send you information about us and/or the latest news on our promotions and products. Such products and services (of ours or third parties) include the following:
- our services and the products and services of our affiliates and business partners in relation to the planning and booking accommodations at our Hotel; and
- third party providers of the above services and products and services relating to the planning and booking accommodations at our Hotel and other products and services that we think may be relevant to you.
We may contact you via either e-newsletters and/or e-mails for this purpose. We will retain your data for as long as you wish to receive information from us.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time.
YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
REGENT HONG KONG
18 SALISBURY ROAD, KOWLOON, HONG KONG