This Cookies Policy (this “Cookies Policy“) provides details on how cookies are used on the websites, applications and/or services operated by Regent Hong Kong (together with our parent and affiliates, referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”).
A “cookie” is an internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer’s hard drive for storage. Cookies allow the website to access browsing information in order to:
- Give you a more seamless web experience by remembering the settings you have entered, such as your preferred language and username.
- Give you access to all of a site’s features by letting the site know what type of device, browser, operating system, monitor, etc. you are using. These technical cookies do not directly identify you.
- Help a website improve its performance by recording a user’s experience. These technical cookies do not directly identify you.
- Make it easy for you to share a website’s content on your favourite social media sites. These cookies come from your social networks through features such as “Like”, “Tweet” and “Share” buttons. Even when you do not click on such a button, your social network might identify you through these cookies if you are already signed in to the social network on your computer or device. Please check your social networks’ privacy policies to see if and how they collect and use this data, and if and how you can adjust your privacy settings to change the collection and use of this data.
- Serve you customized ads that your may be interested in, and to limit the frequency with which ads appear during your web visit.
- Allow third-party affiliates who market a website to be paid for sending users to that website.
Our websites use some of the above cookies in a variety of ways, such as by allowing us to:
- Optimise the size and orientation of our website’s layout for your specific display, operating system, and device.
- Provide content in your preferred language.
- Automatically fill in log-ins or forms by remembering some of the information you filled in during a previous visit.
- Personalise your visit by remembering some of the information you filled in during a previous visit.
- Enhance security on our websites.
- Analyse how you navigate our sites and how many times you visit our websites’ pages so that we can improve your experience.
We use a number of third-party service providers to help us manage, carry out and improve our advertising. These parties may set cookies in our direction to help us collect information and provide you with advertisements that we believe would be relevant for you. In some instances, these third parties may also assist us by providing certain statistical and analytics information in relation to our marketing practices. We may also share information collected through cookies (and other tracking technologies) with third parties for their analytics and marketing purposes.
If you click on links to third party websites from our website, third parties might collect some of your personal details. Our Cookies Policy does not apply to third-party sites accessed through our websites. We hold no responsibility for how third-party websites you visit might use your personal information.
MANAGING COOKIES AND OPTING OUT
- Block all cookies. This will affect your browsing experience and may limit the functionality of the websites you visit.
We cannot be held responsible for any resulting losses of functionality or efficiency when visiting our Site with the cookies disabled.
- Accept all of the cookies built into the pages on websites you visit. This allows only the website whose cookie you downloaded to read the data from that specific cookie. You may be able to subsequently disable these cookies.
- Block cookies from some websites while accepting cookies from others. You can choose which websites to block/enable.
- Ask for your permission each time a website would like to send a cookie to your computer or device.
For more information on how to adjust the cookie settings, please visit the instructions for your browser:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-a7d95376-f2cd-8e4a-25dc-1de753474879
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy
This Cookies Policy is available in Chinese and English versions. The English version is the governing version and shall prevail where there is a discrepancy or conflict between the three versions.